Have an expensive camera and all the added equipment? These might be the perfect spots of a lifetime for your camera’s subject and object.
- MALAYSIAN BORNEO & SINGAPORE – A journey that includes two of Southeast Asia‘s exhilarating destinations – Malaysia & Singapore. Our adventure begins in the beautiful island of Malaysian Borneo, a paradise on earth rich in flora, fauna and discoveries. You’ll encounter the endangered red haired Orangutan, in Malay meaning “person of the forest”. Learn the conservation efforts at the Sepilok Orang Utan Rehabilitation Center. Embark on a boat cruise along the Kinabatangan River in search of various primate groups including the Proboscis Monkeys, which are endemic to the jungles of Borneo and are distinguished by its prominent nose. Then, a flight to Singapore opens up a whole new world of a contrasting blend of culture, cuisine, arts and architecture. Experience world-class shopping along Orchard road; escape the hustle and bustle with a visit to the Botanic Gardens or the awe-inspiring Gardens by the Bay. To truly experience Singapore’s diverse ethnology, walk along the ethnic quarters of Chinatown, Kampong Glam, Little India, Joo Chiat and Katong.
- KAMTCHATKA – Russia: Once considered an inaccessible “edge of the world”location, only visited by the hardiest of adventure travelers, today Siberia’s Kamchatka Peninsula is gaining a reputation as one of Russia’s most remarkable tourist destinations. Make no mistake though; Kamchatka is remote‐with no road or railways connecting it to the outside world, the only practical access into this pristine wilderness is by air. For lovers of wildlife and rugged natural scenery, Kamchatka is paradise on earth. Located at the northern most edge of the “Pacific Ring of Fire”, the Kamchatka Peninsula juts out dramatically from the northeastern tip of Russia. Thirty active volcanoes are scattered across the peninsula, including, Klyuchevskaya Sopka, the largest in the Northern Hemisphere. Equally stunning are the 90 geysers and numerous hot springs that make up the 6km Geyser Valley. The second largest concentration of geysers on earth, this natural gem remains a virtually untouched region of raw geothermal power. Getting to Kamchatka is half the journey, but once you arrive, the raw beauty of this far flung region will floor you. If your idea of the ultimate adventure is scaling an active volcano, coming within meters of wild brown bears, or exploring some of the most remote and spectacular coastline on earth, the isolated splendor of Kamchatka waits!
- YAKUTIA – Russia : Dive into the wintery world of this remote Arctic region and discover ancient shamanic traditions. Ride reindeer, meet a mammoth and shop for dazzling diamonds. Experience life in one of the most remote yet culturally rich regions on earth — Yakutia — Siberia’s arctic wonderland. This faraway place plays host to ethereal polar nights and the northern lights, perma zfrost tundra and vast expanses of taiga forest. About 40% of Yakutiya lies above the Arctic Circle, and much of it remains wild, pristine and largely unspoiled by development. One of Siberia’s most ethnically diverse regions, Yakutiya is home to the Turkic-speaking Yakuts, many of whom still practise shamanism and nomadic lifestyles. The region is blessed with spectacular wildlife and is renowned for producing some of the cleanest diamonds on earth.
- BAIKAL – Russia : The glimmering blue pearl of Russia, Lake Baikal is rightfully upheld as Siberia’s most famous attraction. It’s clear-as-a mirror waters are a reflection of Siberia’s wildness, its vastness and its beauty. Just in 10 days you will see almost half of the legendary Baikal Lake, which is famous not only for its startling depth but also for its unique flora and fauna, breathtaking landscape and special energy. You will visit beautiful iconic places, such as Irkutsk city, Olkhon Island, Listvyanka and Arshan villages, will And enjoy the Baikal Circum Railroad — the part of Trans Siberian Railway. This tour is truly ultimate summer adventure, which allows you to see almost all attractions that Lake Baikal has to offer. So Let adventure begin!
- BATTAMBANG – Cambodia: The laid-back city of Battambang in Cambodia’s northwest may have a sleepy ambience distinct from the more upbeat hot spots of Phnom Penh, Siem Reap and Sihanoukville, but travellers who venture here will find plenty of excuses to linger. A host of temples sit scattered across the countryside, all within easy day-tripping distance from Battambang. It’s a bit of a slog up the side of Phnom Banan, 23km south of the city, to reach the summit temple of Prasat Banan, but it’s worth it for the views. The Phnom Sampeau complex, 12km southwest of Battambang, has a wondrous mishmash of colourful wats and stupas at its summit as well as sweeping views; while half-way down the mountain a track leads to a sombre Khmer Rouge killing cave. Here a bone-filled memorial reminds visitors of the atrocities carried out during their reign.
Arpan Kalita :
A Wanderlust at heart, a Photographer by choice and a Graphic Designer by profession. Hailing from the township of Guwahati, he has a special place for ‘The Himalayas’ in his heart. Given a chance he would prefer to wander in the mountains till eternity. Perhaps the love for the mountains has brought out the best in him when it comes to Landscape Photography. Mountains, it’s people and their struggle for existence; is what propels him, he says and also makes him humble.
A self possessed drifter, Arpan has wandered from engineering assignments to account tables to graphics to getting lost in nature. A graphic designer by profession, he has made travelling his home otherwise. “I want to live & feel all the shades, tones & variations of nature in my life. And for that matter, I am horribly unquenched this journey with travelling and photography started in 2011”. Fresh from a stint in Delhi, the wanderer in him awaked to a new life. He made his camera an integral part of his life.
Involved with WildLife and Community conservation. Recent Project was with the Snow Leopard Conservancy – India Trust (SLC-IT) in Ladakh. His facebook page: fb.com/awaywithframes says more on his works.
“There is no passion to be found playing small–in settling for a life that is less than the one you are capable of living.” -Nelson Mandela
Eventours Travels in association with Arpan Kalita, presents some immersive experiences, both in nature and local culture across some of the most off the trail destinations in this world. Everyone loves to travel, but not everyone loves to travel the same way. Our Off The Trail booklet gather trips of a feather together so you can spend less time searching and more time dreaming about where you’ll go next. Special interest travel is more than a vacation. It’s a chance to get to know your world better by putting yourself on a first-name basis with the people, places, and things that make it worth exploring. This is your planet. Come and get it.